FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — School starts August 23rd at Freeport School Disctrict #145 and all over the district teachers, parents and students are getting ready for the 2019-2020 school year. We caught a few of them all together in the following fun segments we think you’ll enjoy. We’re also including some tips to help your student as they prepare to return to school.
Tips for supporting your student as they return to school:
- Ease into bedtime & wake-up routines prior to the first day of school.
- Visit the school for Meet the Teacher so your child can get familiar with the environment & staff.
- Talk openly with your child about their feelings about returning to school & offer support.
- Have your kids set realistic goals for the new year.
- Connect with your child’s teacher about how you can support your child & be involved in the classroom this school year.
- Make attendance a priority.