FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — At its regular meeting held on March 5, 2019, the Freeport School District Board of Education:
● Recognized and congratulated FHS student Collin Holste, who recently learned he’s been accepted into the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.
● Received a report from Freeport High School student Carter Shockey on the topic of Competency Based Education. Shockey is a member of the Illinois State Board of Education’s Student Advisory Council. He and the other students on the council worked together to research the topic of Competency Based Education and were required to share their project with their local school board.
● Considered a proposal to provide specialized reading professional development through Wilson Reading Training Level 1 to a small number of teachers in order to enhance delivery of reading interventions within the district. This item will return to the Board for action at its meeting on March 19, 2019.
● Approved a proposal to participate in the Monroe Hockey Co-op. The cooperative provides an opportunity for FHS students who would like to play hockey as an extracurricular activity.
● Selected the consulting firm of Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates to assist with the district’s superintendent search.
The public is always invited and encouraged to attend Freeport School District Board of Education meetings. The next scheduled regular meeting will be held Tuesday, March 19, 2019, at 6:00 PM at Carl Sandburg School. A special meeting of the Board will be held Tuesday, March 12, 2019, at 6:00 PM at the FSD Administration Building.
|FREE Business Accounts||Try Prime FREE||FREE Wedding Registry|