The Silent Krape Park Reunion Video of 1964

Freeport, Illinois — We love finding neat little buried treasures that wrap themselves around our lives here in Freeport. Treasures we all mutually share such as moments and memories with family, friends and the places here.

We stumbled across a video the other day that we really enjoyed.

There was no sound and we couldn’t tell by the username who the person was who posted the video. It was on You Tube and there wasn’t really a big description included with the video either.

The title of the video simply said “Ils Reunion 1964 Freeport Illinois Krape Park” so we watched it.

Perhaps a class reunion, a company reunion or maybe someone’s family reunion we don’t know, but we thought it was rather neat to be able to take this little look back into Freeport’s time.

A silent three minute view of a time of family in Krape Park some 53 years ago.

Do you have information about this video? We’d like to hear from you. Perhaps some of your family or even yourself are shown here.

Latest Marketplace News
312 Beef & Sausage
Carquest Freeport
Freeport Health Club
Game Corner
Kimberly Taylor
PHK Bicycles & Skateboards

Freeport News Network

Freeport News Network

Broadcast news, stories and entertainment for Stephenson County

12 thoughts on “The Silent Krape Park Reunion Video of 1964

• November 11, 2017 at 9:37 pm

They had way more trees back then. I bet the air quality was amazing.

• November 11, 2017 at 10:31 pm

I noticed that too! So glad I don’t have to wear a dress if I don’t want to! When I was in high school, girls couldn’t wear pants, maybe that’s why I prefer pants now! My how times have changed! Lol!

• November 12, 2017 at 8:57 pm

This was the Ils family reunion. I am the little girl in the picture on the post.

• November 13, 2017 at 8:47 pm

That’s incredible. We just happened to find this video sitting there on YouTube. The “little girl” pictured seemed the perfect touch. Perhaps of interest to you, other people have written:

Mary Ils Birchen wrote: “Descendants of Conrad and Katherine (née Humberg), 1913 immigrants of Eastern Europe, would gather annually at Krape Park. It’s bittersweet to see this today as the last two surviving siblings have passed away this year. My mother, Doris (Theodore Ils wife) is the last one living from this generation. I would like to know who took the video.”

Pamela Grothe wrote: “We always had the Ils Family Reunion the first Sunday of August at Krape Park though this one was before I was born. Many, many fond memories of our reunions.”

We’d like to know who took the video as well. Thanks for sharing with everyone.

• November 12, 2017 at 9:25 pm

This video is of the Conrad and Katherine Ils Family Reunion (my grandparents). We always had the Ils Family Reunion the first Sunday of August at Krape Park though this one was before I was born. Many, many fond memories of our reunions.

• November 13, 2017 at 6:40 am

Thank you for sharing this video! Descendants of Conrad and Katherine (née Humberg), 1913 immigrants of Eastern Europe, would gather annually at Krape Park. It’s bittersweet to see this today as the last two surviving siblings have passed away this year. My mother, Doris (Theodore Ils wife) is the last one living from this generation. I would like to know who took the video.