FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — Freeport High School is buzzing about the Regional, Sectional and State Speech Tournaments! Way back in 1941, Freeport High School (led by the venerable Jeannette Lloyd) won the very first IHSA State Speech Tournament. As FHS wraps up its 78th season, it is proud to host The Buzz Thursday, February 7, at 7 p.m. in room 228. Audience members should use the west parking lot off Empire Street.
Head Speech Coach Tim Connors will introduce the evening, assisted by coaches Justin Pasch, Becky Connors, Kelly Everding, and Adam Moderow. Competitors in eleven of the fourteen regional events will perform for the audience.
- Dramatic Duet Acting: Brooke Parkinson and Colton Thies
- Dramatic Interpretation: Dezi Brooks
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Jacob Redmore
- Humorous Interpretation: Noah Redmore
- Humorous Duet Acting: Sydnee Forrester and Emma Arnold
- Impromptu Speaking: Esther Xiang
- Informative Speaking: Sydney Pederson
- Original Comedy: Veronica Homan
- Original Oratory: Sydney Pederson
- Oratorical Declamation: Henry Connors
- Poetry: Veronica Homan
- Prose: Kaylin Muller
- Radio Speaking: Colton Thies
- Special Occasion Speaking: Brooke Parkinson
Twelve of these events will compete at the Sectional Tournament in Rochelle this weekend. Competitors who place in the top three of each event will continue to the State Tournament in Peoria February 15 and 16.
Tickets are just $3, purchased at the door. For more information, contact Tim Connors at email@example.com.