FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — Freeport School District will soon host its 17th Annual World Arts Festival, an event which showcases the talents of FSD K-12 students each year. The festival will be held on Thursday, March 7, 2019, from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m., at Freeport High School.
Over 1000 Freeport School District students representing all district schools will be featured at this year’s festival, which aims to celebrate our cultural diversity through arts and music. The event includes a display of visual artwork by FSD students, as well as performances by band, orchestra, and choir students.
Guest artist Edo, a self-taught multidisciplinary digital artist, illustrator, and fashion designer from Chicago, will also share his work in the high school cafeteria during the festival.
Come and enjoy the sights and sounds of our talented students at the World Arts Festival on March 7th! There is no admission fee; free-will donations will be accepted. Commercial ethnic food vendors will be selling entrees and snacks in the Freeport High School cafeteria. This event is sponsored by the Freeport Community Public School Fund and FSD145.
Schedule for the 17th Annual World Arts Festival:
Thursday, March 7, 2018 – Freeport High School
- 4:00 – 7:30 p.m. Food vendors (FHS Cafeteria)
- 4:00 – 7:30 p.m. Student artwork on display (FHS Cafeteria)
- 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Guest artist Edo will have work on display (FHS Cafeteria)
- 4:30 p.m. Combined elementary chorus performance (FHS West Gym)
- 5:00 p.m. 6th grade band, choir, and orchestra concert (FHS West Gym)
- 5:30 p.m. 7th and 8th grade band, choir, and orchestra concert (FHS West Gym)
- 7:30 p.m. Freeport High School Band, choir, and orchestra concert (FHS West Gym)