Freeport, Illinois — On February 13, 2017, Freeport School District begins preparations to welcome some of the community’s youngest students into its schools as the district kicks off Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-2018 school year. The district will use a new online registration system as part of the process. Kindergarten registration will take place until March 24th.
It is important that students are registered and enrolled for kindergarten as soon as possible so the district can ensure that staffing positions and curriculum resources are in place.
Children must be 5 years old before Sept. 1, 2017, to be eligible for Kindergarten.
There are two steps involved in registering a child for Kindergarten:
1) Complete the online registration at www.fsd145.org. For families without internet access, computers will be available for use at the Enrollment & Transportation Center and at the Boys & Girls Club.
2) Bring the following documents to the FSD Enrollment & Transportation Center to finalize enrollment:
i) A Copy of the Child’s Certified Birth Certificate (not a hospital-issued certificate)
ii) Proof of Residency
One of these documents:
- · Real estate tax bill and proof of payment
- · Signed lease and proof of last month’s payment
- · Affidavit from local resident attesting registrant is living with the owner at no cost
- · Mortgage papers
- · An Agreement of Sale
OR Three of these documents:
- · Most recent gas, electric or water bill
- · Home/apartment insurance papers
- · Vehicle registration
- · Current public aid card
- · Most recent cable or credit card bill
- · Driver’s license
- · Voter registration card Kindergarten students are also required to have physical, dental and vision exams before school begins.
For more information, you may contact Dallas Pieper, FSD#145 Director of Enrollment & Transportation, at 815-232-0580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.