Freeport, Illinois — Freeport city council will meet tonight at 6:00 p.m. at Freeport City Hall located on 314 West Stephenson Street in Freeport.
Here’s what’s on the agenda.
1. Approval of Agenda ………………. Voice Vote
2. Approval of Minutes from December 18, 2017, Meeting ………………………………………………. Voice Vote
3. Public Comments – Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
4. Consent Agenda ………………………………………………………………………………………………….. Roll Call Vote
All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as the first item after approval of the Consent Agenda. View Consent Agenda
A. Approval to receive and place on file: 1) Building Permits – December 2017
B. Approval of Finance Bills Payable (Registers #891, 892, 896, 897, 898, 899, and TBA) — $1,466,052.93
C. Approval of Payroll for pay period ending December 23, 2017 — $419,681.63 with fringe benefit payments in the amount of $36,809.51 for a total of $456,491.14 If applicable – Items removed from Consent Agenda
ORDINANCES – SECOND READING
5. 2 nd READING OF ORDINANCE #2018-01 (renumbered from #2017-87): An Ordinance Adopting a Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment for City of Freeport At the December 11, 2017, Committee of the Whole a motion to move forward for approval was made by Alderperson McClanathan; seconded by Alderperson Chesney; and the matter was laid over to the December 18, 2017, Council meeting by unanimous voice vote. At the December 18, 2017, Council meeting, Alderperson Koester made a motion to move forward for approval, seconded by Alderperson Chesney, and it was automatically laid over to tonight’s meeting. Presented by City Manager Crow AGENDA — REGULAR MEETING MONDAY, JANUARY 8, 2018 at 6:00 P.M.
6. 1 st READING OF ORDINANCE #2018-02: An Ordinance Amending Title Ten, Employment Provisions, Chapter 290, Compensation and Benefits, Section 290.02 Compensation Plan and Section 290.08 Overtime of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Freeport, Illinois At the December 11, 2017, Committee of the Whole a motion to move forward for approval was made by Alderperson Brashaw; seconded by Alderperson Koester; and the matter was laid over to tonight’s meeting by unanimous voice vote. Presented by City Manager Crow
7. 1 st READING OF ORDINANCE #2018-03: An Ordinance Amending Part Two, Administration Code, Title Eight, Boards, Commissions, Bureaus, Chapter 274, Airport Commission, and other Sections of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Freeport, Illinois Regarding the Freeport Albertus Municipal Airport At the December 11, 2017, Committee of the Whole a motion to move forward for approval was made by Alderperson Chesney; seconded by Alderperson Klemm; and the matter was laid over to tonight’s meeting by unanimous voice vote. Presented by City Manager Crow
8. 1 st READING OF ORDINANCE #2018-04: An Ordinance Adopting a Revised City of Freeport Employee Handbook At the December 11, 2017 Committee of the Whole, a motion to move forward for first reading was made by Alderperson McClanathan, seconded by Alderperson Brashaw and passed unanimously. Presented by City Manager Crow
9. 1 st READING OF ORDINANCE #2018-05: An Ordinance Amending Various Provisions of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Freeport, Illinois to Provide for the Removal of Appointed Members to Boards, Commissions and Bureaus of the City Due to Lack of Meeting Attendance Presented by City Manager Crow
10. 1 st READING OF ORDINANCE #2018-06: A Special Ordinance for Variation, Permit or Amendment of Codified Ordinances of Freeport, Illinois – Casey’s General Store Presented by Director of Community & Economic Development Nancy McDonald
11. 1 st READING OF ORDINANCE #2018-07: An Ordinance of the City of Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois, Expressing an Official Intent Regarding the Negotiation of Redevelopment Agreements and the Reimbursement of Certain Expenditures in Connection with the Galena Corridor Business District Project Area View Boundary Map Presented by City Manager Lowell Crow
12. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #R-2018-01: Resolution of the City of Freeport, Illinois Authorizing and Approving Services Agreement with Ehlers and Associates, Inc. View Ehlers Proposal Presented by City Manager Lowell Crow APPROVAL OF BIDS
13. Approval of Capping of Potable Water Wells #2 at 406 Brick Street – PW-002-17: Bid Opening December 28, 2017 View bids Presented by Director of Utility Operations Tom Kopanski
14. Approval of Contract for Audit of Sales Tax Receipts the City Receives from the State of Illinois and Proposal for Software for Administration/Audit of Collection of Motor Fuel Tax (MFT), Food & Beverage Tax and Hotel/Motel Tax At the December 11, 2017 Committee of the Whole meeting, a presentation was given by Tom Fabian, Azavar Audit Solutions. View documents Presented by Finance Director Randy Bukas
15. Approval of Contract of Collection Contract for Collections Services with Municipal Collections Services, Inc. (MCSI) At the December 11, 2017 Committee of the Whole meeting, a presentation was given by Tom Knoll, Municipal Collections Services, Inc. View documents Presented by Finance Director Randy Bukas
16. Approval of Purchase of Heated Patch Box for Hot Mix Patching View documents Presented by Director of Streets Tom Dole and City Manager Crow
17. Reports of Department Heads
18. City Manager’s Report
19. Mayor’s Report
20. Council Announcements/New Business
21. Public Comments – Agenda or Non-Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
22. Executive Session (Closed Session)
Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
The City of Freeport, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, requests that persons with disabilities who require certain accommodations to allow them to observe and/or participate in the meeting(s), or have questions about the accessibility of the meeting(s) or facilities, should contact Human Resources at 815-235-2065 promptly to allow the City to make reasonable accommodations. http://www.cityoffreeport.org