Illinois — J.C. Penney issued a listing of stores to close soon. In Illinois and Iowa a total of 11 stores are set to close this year. In an article written in February the retail giant is quoted saying it would be offering early retirement to 6,000 of its full-time workers.
In total 138 stores around the country will be closing, and that process was set to begin on April 17. J.C. Penney is just one of many brick and mortar stores that are downsizing or closing their doors throughout the country.
The following J.C. Penney stores are closing in the following locations within Illinois and Iowa.
- Downtown Decorah — Decorah, IA
- Crossroads Mall — Fort Dodge, IA
- Penn Central Mall — Oskaloosa, IA
- Quincy Place — Ottumwa, IA
- Eastland Mall — Bloomington, IL
- Fulton Square — Canton, IL
- Village Square Mall — Effingham, IL
- E. Jackson Street — Macomb, IL
- Peru Mall — Peru, IL
- Northland Mall — Sterling, IL
- Centerpointe of Woodridge — Woodridge, IL
To see a full list of stores to close, click this link here