Freeport, Illinois — The city of Freeport announced their 2017 Christmas tree pickup schedule. Beginning January 3 through January 20, 2017 the Freeport Public Works Department will pick up Christmas trees in eight locations throughout the city. These locations are as follows:
- Knowlton Park – Northwest corner of Locust & Pleasant
- Wilbur Park – Northeast corner of Brewster & Elm
- Taylor Park – Northeast corner of Hancock & Stephenson
- Bidwell Park – 1100 block of W. Pleasant
- Read Park – parking lot north of pavilion. Entrance off of American St
- Triangle lot at Adams, Float, and Winneshiek next to Fire Station
- Laurel & Willow – Northwest corner
- Empire & Blackhawk – Southeast corner
When dropping off your tree please follow these simple guidelines:
- Only drop off real Christmas trees.
- No artificial trees, garland, or other decorations
- Please remove all lights and ornaments from the tree before dropping off
Because these trees will be run through a wood chipper, wires, lights, and ornaments can severely damage equipment used during this operation. Residents are advised that the City will ONLY pick up Christmas trees at these eight locations. There will be no curb side pickup. For further information or questions please contact the Public Works Department at 815-235-8210.