Freeport, Illinois — At its regular meeting held Tuesday evening at Carl Sandburg Middle School, the Freeport School District Board of Education:
● Discussed a property tax abatement request from Rose Ridge Housing Development. The project was approved by the Enterprise Zone board, but is not located within the boundaries of an existing Tax Increment Finance (TIF) District. Therefore, the developer must ask each taxing body within which the project lies for a tax abatement. This abatement request is for three years, with a possible three year prorated extension, instead of the usual 23-year TIF tax abatement. This item will return to the Board for action at the April 4, 2017 meeting.
● Approved the appointment of Dr. Patty Burke, Dr. Peter Flynn, and Dr. Patrick McDermott as Expulsion Hearing Officers for the school district in accordance with SB100 and Policy 702.03 Expulsion Procedures.
● Approved requested changes to the Differential Schedule for the 2017-2018 school year. These changes include three new positions and two changes to current positions. The new money required for the recommended positions and changes is $15,792.41, which will be allocated in the 2017-2018 budget.
● Approved a resolution for the non-renewal of non-final year probationary teachers and part-time certified staff.
● Approved contract extensions through 2018-2019 for the following district administrators: Nita White, Chris Shockey, Duane Meighan, Patrick McDermott, and Jack Code.
The public is always invited and encouraged to attend Freeport School District Board of Education meetings.
The next scheduled regular meeting will be held Tuesday, April 4th at 6:00 PM at Carl Sandburg Middle School a t 1717 Eby Street.
There will be no meeting on Tuesday, March 21st due to Spring Break.