Freeport, Illinois – Ah, just the thought of it makes us happy. Freeport has so much talent and such a diverse music culture the scene in Freeport is ripe to come alive.
Black Diamond Music Studio & Sales is hosting a music filled, prize winning, food eating and game playing all day Music Festival right here in Freeport.
At Krape Park’s Koenig Theater (the band shell) a Music Festival for all ages like none other will take place Saturday August 27, 2016 from 10:00 a.m until 9:00 pm. and is open to the public.
Some of the events you can expect at the Music Festival are;
- Oldest Band Shirt
- Weirdest Musical Instrument
- Weirdest Music Instrument That Actually Plays
- Most Music Concerts Attended
- Most Vintage Guitar or Bass
- The Golden Pick Drawing For The Musicians
- A Swap Meet of Musical Instruments
- A New Wolf Rickenbacher Style Guitar
- Music Related Jewelry Items Provided by Gemorifics
- Several Items from Black Diamond
- VIP Tickets To Quiet Riot In A Package Deal
- Share A Dish Picnic
Attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to pass, making the festival more personal, welcoming and more like a family music celebration for everyone. Bag games, other events throughout the day will also be available, or bring your own. Gather your lawn chairs and picnic supplies and come out and enjoy an entire day of fun.
As for music, the line up couldn’t be sweeter.
Roundabout and the Josh Naujokas Band kick off the day, with Faith in Vain finishing the night from 8:00 pm to 8:45. All throughout the day the music is catered towards the audience with a little bit of musical style for everyone.
Other acts include;
- Several Solo Musicians
- Chuck Veer & Take 27 (Texas Blues)
- Valve (70’s & Original Rock)
- Lost Karma (Oldies Rock & Blues/Jazz (Rkfd)
- Mark Rische Band / Bluegrass-Gospel (McConnel)
- HomeGrown Gravel (Blues/OldiesRock) (Rkfd),
- RoundABout-Alt Pop (new band)
- Karma & Effect (Orig Alt)
- A.J Miatke of Pure Inertia (Solo)
- Grey Skies -Metal(Rkfd)
- Absolem -Metal(Rkfd)
- Faith in Vain Metal(Rkfd)
Just to name a few. The best part, the event is completely Free and open to the public. The only stipulation, you gotta come to have fun and please consider bringing a dish or helping out with some of the events that are going on.
A great day and great evening of fun events awaits on August 27 at Krape Park. If you have any questions, would like more information or would like to be involved in the Music Festival, contact Deb Green at Black Diamond.
Black Diamond Music Studio & Sales is boutique Music Store geared towards Musicians and Bands needs. New & Used Guitars, Amps, Drums and Accessories plus a Recording Studio.
Black Diamond Music also puts on local Open Mic Nights and a local show called Take The Stage. All are welcome.
Black Diamond Music Studio
1329 E South St
Visit them on Facebook