Freeport, Illinois — Titan Tire, the leader of both Titan and Goodyear Farm Tire brands and ATV Tires offers a full line of tires for a wide variety of off-the-road equipment. They are currently seeking production workers to work in their Freeport plant for either 2nd or 3rd shift.
With a network of dealers all over the world, Titan is a global brand that original equipment manufacturers and operators can count on for durable products and quality service. Titan designs, tests and manufactures tires for agriculture, construction, forestry and mining.
Titan Tire in Freeport is now accepting resumes until March 5, 2017.
Applicants may apply by providing their resume, cover letter and three (3) work related references either online through this link or via mail at:
Attention: HR Manager
3769 E. Route 20
Freeport, IL 61032
No phone calls will be accepted.
Production Workers are responsible for proper use of machines and materials for building a quality product per specifications and building procedures. This is an assembly operation consisting of both machine and manual operations.
- Responsible for performing production work in different departments as assigned in the factory.
- Starts, operates, tends, stops, and cleans machines.
- Assure that all products are built to the highest standard of quality.
- Inspects product to ensure high quality.
- Must keep equipment & work areas clean and orderly at all times.
- May perform any other misc. operations as required in order to perform the overall job requirements.
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies.
- Scrap waste material from machines.
- Read and interpret gauges, specifications, and prints.
- Record data and fill out check sheets.
- Assure that the daily schedule is completed.
- Assure that work practices are in the guidelines of OSHA standards.
- Work as part of the team with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and ISO requirements.
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- May require lifting up to 75 lbs. or more.
- High School diploma and/or general education (GED); and/or equivalent combination of education, training & experience that performs the essential functions of this position.
- Must have at least two years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Lock Out /Tag Out, and PPE use a plus.
- Good mechanical & mathematical skills a plus.
- Must be mechanically inclined and good with hand tools.
- Must be able to read and understand the weekly schedule, specifications & prints.
- Computer technology experiences a plus.
- High school or equivalent
- Manufacturing: 3 years
- Production: 3 years
Titan Tire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Cover photo: http://www.tractionnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Titan-tires-e1456754662614.jpg
Latest Marketplace News