Freeport – Well, just when you thought things couldn’t get any stranger, another water main broke in Freeport, Illiniois about an hour or so ago. Reports have come in from numerous area residents and from the scanner page Freeport Scanner that a small break happened this evening which is contained to a very small area near Blackhawk and Mosley streets.
Unlike yesterday’s break, water department crews are notifying houses in the area where water will be shut off starting at 6:30 tonight. It is being reported that the repair will last for about 5 hours.
Some residents have said;
- Just got a notice on the door that my water will he geting shut off for an expected period of 5 hours
- The break is contained to a very small area near Blackhawk and Moseley and will not affect any of the schools in the area.
- Crews are out working on this now
- They have been up there for a few hours already.
- The city will notify on an individual basis on this one. So if you don’t get a notice on your door or talk to someone directly then you are not affected
- I live at the corner of blackhawk and American, and yes we still have water, so I guess it doesnt affect us
Reports are coming in that once water is restored the area will be under a boil order for another 24 hours. We have no official statement from the City to verify this. Tonight’s water main break shouldn’t affect area schools although no official word from Freeport School District #145 has been released.
The city will notify people on an individual basis. If you live in the area and DO NOT get a notice on your door or talk to someone directly then you are not affected.
We’ll keep you updated as more news develops.