Freeport, Illinois — McConnell United Methodist Church recently donated cookie plates to the Lena Lions Club “Operation Goodfellow” to help others this year.
The church has helped with Lena Lions Club for several years.
The boxes of goodies and food items received are then distributed around our area to families struggling or in need this Christmas season.
McConnell United Methodist Church was organized by a small group of McConnell area residents in 1865.
The Lena Lions Club was chartered on June 1, 1949 and has a membership of approximately 100 men and women dedicated to serving our community.
Some of the other local activities the Lena Lions Club are involved in include:
• Annual Fall Festival
• Application for eye and hearing exam assistance
• Annual Diabetes and Candy Days to support research
• Support the Center for Sight and Hearing located in Rockford
• Provide college scholarships to area students
• Support Camp Lions for Disadvantaged Youth
• Annual contributions to Contact, RAMP, The Lena Food Pantry, Tyler’s Justice Center etc.
• Support and contribute to other local services and organizations
McConnell United Methodist Church wishes to thank everyone who donated this year.