Freeport, Illinois — The 15th Annual FSD145 World Arts Festival will be held on Thursday, March 9, 2017, from 4:00 to 9:30 p.m., at Freeport High School. The event will feature portraits, paintings, sculptures, and clay projects created by FSD students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. In addition to the visual arts display, all band, orchestra, and choir students will perform music selections which highlight other cultures and countries.
Over 1000 students, representing almost one-third of the Freeport School District population, will be featured at this year’s festival, which aims to celebrate cultural diversity. Commercial ethnic food vendors will also be selling entrees and snacks at the food court in the Freeport High School cafeteria. Please come and enjoy the sights and sounds of our talented students at this fun and entertaining event at Freeport High School on March 9 th. There is no admission fee; free-will donations will be accepted.
Schedule for the 15 th Annual World Arts Festival:
- Thursday, March 9, 2017 – Freeport High School
- 4:00 – 7:30 p.m. Food Court in the Cafeteria.
- 4:00 – 7:30 p.m. Student art on display. 4:00 p.m. Elementary school choirs perform in the West Gym, featuring Ms. Kristin Brandt as guest clinician/conductor.
- 4:30 p.m. 6 th grade band, choir, and orchestra concert in the West Gym.
- 5:30 p.m. 7 th and 8th grade band, choir, and orchestra concert in the West Gym.
- 7:30 p.m. Freeport High School Band, choir, and orchestra concert in the West Gym.
This event is sponsored by the Freeport Community Public School Fund and FSD145. For more information, you may contact our festival coordinators Bill Petersen, FHS Music Dept. Chair, or Danelle Setterstrom, FHS Art Dept. Chair.
They may be reached by phone at 815-232-0400 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.