Freeport, Illinois — Join the Highland Community Agriculture department for a “Farm-to-Table” fundraiser dinner on Thursday, Sept., 13 at Keith Hinrich’s farm located at 4715 W. Pearl City Rd., Freeport, Ill. The evening includes a discussion by local agriculture specialists on raising or producing products and 100 percent of the proceeds support the Highland Agriculture program.
Beginning with a social hour and farmer’s market at 5:30 p.m., the menu includes a five-course meal featuring items created with all locally-sourced ingredients provided by northwest Illinois producers. The dinner menu includes:
• Mediterranean Stuffed Cobra Tomato
• Corn and Leak Chowder
• Arugula with Roasted Vegetables and Apple-Bacon Vinaigrette
• Italian Pork Roast with Fall Harvest Tapenade
• Upside Down Braised Brisket Shepherd’s Pie
• Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and Garlic Parmesan Vegetables
• Mixed Berry Mousse
Tickets are $75 and available by calling 815-599-3507 or registering online at www.regonline.com/2018FarmtoTable. Seating is limited to 200 people.
For more information, contact Justin Ebert at email@example.com or 815-599-3507 or firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-599-3637.