Stephenson County Illinois – Stephenson County Illinois is full of great places to visit with lots of things to do. If you’re looking for something to do with the family, looking for some local shopping deals or just wanting to get out and have some fun, we’ve got you covered here.
Below is the list of the Top 10 Things To Do This Weekend In Stephenson County Illinois
10. 4th Annual Fall Fling
9. Jane Addams Birthday Celebration
8. Free Tour of IPF Performance Training Center and CrossFit
IPF Performance training center moved to downtown Freeport in July of 2016 but they’ve been serving the fitness needs of competitive athletes since 2010. Come see the only facility certified in olyimpic lifting and crossfit in action Saturday September 24, 2016 from 10 am to 1 pm.
Saturday September 24, 2016 from 10 am to 1 pm
IPF Performance Training Center
223 E Stephenson St
7. Rockin’ Rock City
6. Bobber’s Tap presents another crowd favorite: Precocious!
Monroe’s own all-girl band will take the stage from 6 – 9 pm on Friday, Sept. 23rd. This MIGHT be our final concert of the year, so don’t miss it! They always draw a huge crowd ~ don’t miss out!
5. Malcolm Eaton Enterprises Celebrates 50 Years of Service
Malcolm Eaton Enterprises will be celebrating 50 Years of Service in the Freeport area on Sunday, September 25th. The event will feature great food, live music, tours and more! Grilled pork chop sandwiches ($3) will be served from 11:00-2:00. Pop and chips ($1/$1) will also be available for purchase. The event will feature the music of two great bands. Chaz’s Band will take the stage first at 10:00. The Mississippi Man will take the stage at 12:30 and play until the close of the event.
Tours will be available for everyone who wants to learn more about Malcolm Eaton Enterprises 50-year history of helping individuals with disabilities in Freeport.
Sunday at 10 AM – 3 PM
Malcolm Eaton Enterprises
570 W Lamm Rd, Freeport
4. Guitar Legend Pistol Pete Is Back For 2 Nights at Christy’s
The amazing Pistol Pete is back this weekend both Friday and Saturday nights at Christy’s.
September 23 – September 25 9 PM to 1 AM
1802 Crossroads Ln
3. Small Towns, Big Heroes Exhibit
An event to recognize heroes in Northwest Illinois that go unrecognized everyday. 12 individuals and their stories will be showcased in photo exhibit being called “Small Town Big Heroes”.
Come celebrate one of our regions greatest assets, our people, and their commitment to improving lives. September 24th the unveiling of this wonderful exhibit will be held as part of a community celebration and collaboration.
This event will also help to kick off the inaugural Tour de Freeport. The event is free and open to the public.
Saturday September 24, 2016 from 9 AM – 10 AM
2. Pretzel City Brewfest
Takes place Saturday September 24th in the grass lot on the corner of Chicago and Douglas. A 21 and older & rain or shine event that costs $30 at the gate for General Admission the day of the event and $55 (if available) for VIP tickets. Tickets can be purchased with credit/debit card online at pretzelcitybrewfest.com or with cash or check at Freeport Downtown Development, Freeport/Stephenson County Visitors Center, Generations Brewing Company, Lena Brewing Company or Royal Liquor.
The event is a fundraiser for Freeport Downtown Development Foundation with four goals. To support downtown Freeport revitalization, bring people to downtown Freeport and to promote craft beer and local foods.
Saturday September 24, 2016 from 1 PM – 5:30 PM
1. Tour de Freeport – Free 10-Mile Family Bicycle Ride through the heart of Freeport.
The first ever cross town family biking event in Freeport’s history. Held on September 24, 2016 with registration beginning at 9 am at Tutty’s Crossing, 205 E. Stephenson Street, downtown Freeport, the event includes special interactive stops along the entire route everyone will enjoy, plus you have a chance to win a Del Sol Lxi 6.1 bicycle.
1) Register for the Tour de Freeport the morning of September 24, 2016. At the registration you will be give a “TDF Passport“.
2) Get your passport stamped at each of the seven “Just Shift Art Interactive’s”.
3) Turn your completed stamped passport into PHK Bicycles after the “Tour de Freeport”. You will be then entered to win a Del Sol Lxi 6.1.
Along you’re route you will visit;
- Small Town, Big Heroes
- 12 individuals and their stories in a photo exhibit called “Small Town Big Heroes”. Help celebrate one of our regions greatest assets, our people, and their commitment to improving lives.
- Lofty Ideals (Home)
- Seed The Change
- One of the 7 stops on the Tour de Freeport bike ride is “Seed the Change”, an organic interactive featuring hundreds of growing herbs and vegetable containers. Join in helping us “seed the change” in Freeport. The Tour de Freeport will be Saturday, September 24, at 9 am, at Tutty’s Crossing Trailhead in downtown Freeport.
- Freewheel’n – one of the 7 art stops on the Tour de Freeport on Saturday, September 24. The Freewheel’n stop is hosted by FHN and will feature some fun things from them as well as an awesome bike built from salvaged materials (thanks Groeling Salvage and Renegades of Junk).
- Enchanted Forest
- An enchanted forest, magical creatures, huge nests…representing the magic of our parks…another stop on the Tour de Freeport on September 24 beginning at 9 am at the Tutty’s Crossing Trailhead. Don’t miss it!
- The Giving Cube
- Another stop on the Tour de Freeport which will be this Saturday, 9 am at Tutty’s Crossing in downtown Freeport is the Giving Cube filled with lots of “needs” that our community has and that you can take and agree to do sometime during the next year. The goal is to have all of the needs peeled off until the cube is completely solved.
- Splat! the ArtBot
- The last stop on the Tour de Freeport will be Splat! The ArtBot sponsored by the Freeport Art Museum and the Freeport High School Robotics Team. The kids are getting the ArtBot ready. And, don’t worry, the paint that ArtBot flings will wash off!