Stephenson County Illinois – Stephenson County Illinois is full of great places to visit with lots of things to do, especially this time of year. If you’re looking for something to do with the family, looking for some local shopping, holiday destinations, or just wanting to get out and have some fun and maybe meet Santa, we’ve got you covered here.
Below is the list of the Top 10 Things To Do This Weekend In Stephenson County Illinois
10. December 3 – 26th Annual Cookie Walk at Presence St. Joseph Auxiliary: Come out and see thousands of home baked cookies, candy, breads, cakes and more all sold by the pound.
St. Thomas Aquinas Church
1400 Kiwanis Drive
8 am to 11 am. (815-232-8935)
9. December 3 – Special Winter Seasonal Beer Unveiling: Wishful Acres will be tapping their special recipe Winter Seasonal beer in the taproom.
Wishful Acres Farm and Brewery
4679 N. Flansburg Road, Lena.
11 am to 6 pm.
8. December 3 – Freeport RC Modelers Annual Swap Meet: Come see modelers bring planes, engines, equipment, accessories to swap and sell.
Cedarville Community Center
430 Washington Street
Cedarville. 8:30 am to 1 pm.
7. December 3 – Christmas Tea at The Mansion: Join in on an old fashioned afternoon at the historic mansion which will be decked out in its holiday finery. Enjoy homemade cookies, tea, and holiday punch. Special holiday music will be provided. New this year will be a Christmas Ornament Making Workshop which will be held in the schoolhouse between 2 pm and 5 pm. Make a special ornament for your Christmas tree. All ages welcome. Adults: $5; Children 5 to 16: $2 (Historical Society members receive a $1 discount).
Stephenson County Historical Museum
1440 S. Carroll Avenue, Freeport.
2 pm to 6 pm.
6. December 2 – Bourbon, Beer, & the Ryan and Joe Trio: Cranking out the beer and the bourbon flights, The Wagner House in downtown Freeport is offering up a night of lively 80’s 90’s country, classic rock music by The Ryan & Joe Trio and bam, just like that you have a happening night in downtown Freeport.
6 PM – 12 AM
The Wagner House
1 E Spring St, Freeport
5. December 3 – Holiday House Tour: Take a self guided tour of selected festively decorated homes in the Pearl City area. Advance tickets $8. Tickets sold the day of the event at the Park District Rec building starting at 5:30pm: $10. Tickets available by calling 815-541-0793. Proceeds to benefit the Pearl City Food Pantry. Hosted by the Pearl City Park District. 6 PM – 8 PM
4. December 2 – Very Merry Cherry Cherry Christmas with Branson’s charismatic Family Trio: Denny Diamond and The Jewels Dinner Show. Come out and watch these greats performing their entertaining tribute featuring the music of Neil Diamond, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly, Ricky Nelson, and The Everly Brothers.
$38 per person
Doors open 5pm – Dinner 5:30pm – Showtime 7pm
Dinner includes choice of chicken/fish/pork chops, salad, potato, vegetables, and dessert
*Cash Bar Available*
Call (815) 232-5615 for tickets!
Freeport Eagles Club #679
Location – Freeport, IL, 1200 W. Galena Ave
3. December 2-3, 9-10: “SORRY! WRONG CHIMNEY!” Moonlighting as a department store Santa so that he can buy his wife a fur for Christmas, David Turtle tells her he’s working late at the office. But, but she finds out he isn’t at the office.
A suspected other woman, hypnotism, the notorious Santa burglar Kris Kreigle and his gun toting fiancée, and a confused policeman add up to a rollicking tale that is hilarious entertainment.
228 W. Clark. Shows start at 7:30 pm on the 9th and on December 10 a 2 pm and 7:30 pm.
Cost is just $15. (815-232-7023)
2. Celebrate the season and support your favorite not-for-profit with a visit to the FHN Community Festival of Trees, on display free at the Freeport Public Library from Sunday, Dec. 4 through Saturday, Dec. 31.
This year’s FHN Festival of Trees theme is a reminder to enjoy the small joys of the season: “Take time to admire and appreciate glittering lights on snowflakes.” This year’s Community Festival of Trees has 21 entrants. Organizations including schools, churches, service groups and clubs from across the area participate in the Community Festival of Trees, decorating a tree to compete for cash prizes awarded by a panel of judges and the public. The Freeport Public Library is located at 100 E. Douglas Street in Freeport.
1. The holiday spirit is alive and well in Freeport Illinois this holiday season and to celebrate FHS Thespians are proud to host Christmas Memories, a collection of humorous and heartwarming songs and stories. Guests should bring food donations for the Freeport Area Church Cooperative, which needs plenty of food to keep up with our community’s need for non-perishable food items.
Tim Connors is the Grinch Who Stole Christmas!
Directors Becky and Tim Connors describe Christmas Memories as “our homemade Christmas card for the community.
Tickets cost just $5 plus a non-perishable food donation for the Freeport Area Church Cooperative. To purchase tickets, call the Freeport High School business office at 232-0428. Please park in the west parking lot at Freeport High School to get to the Studio Theater in room 228. For more information, please call Tim or Becky Connors at 232-0446.
Freeport High School Studio Theater (Room 228)
December 1, 2, and 3 at 7:30 p.m.