Freeport, Illinois — The Flood Warning continues for the Pecatonica River at Freeport until Tuesday morning, according to the National Weather Service out of the Quad Cities.
* At 3:30 PM Wednesday the stage was 15.2 feet and rising.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring.
* Forecast, Rise to 15.4 feet this evening. The river will fall below flood stage Tuesday morning.
* Impact, At 16.0 feet, Water affects parking lots of businesses east of the Stephenson Street bridge and most streets north and south of Illinois Highway 75 are closed. Illinois Highway 75 is also closed.
We were out and about this afternoon and captured some shots of what the south side of Freeport looks like. We also included shots taken by others today in different parts of town.