FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — The city of Freeport has announced they will be expanding their hours on August 3.
Freeport City Hall reopened to the public on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 with limited hours of operation to the public.
Effective Monday, August 3, 2020 our updated hours of operation will be from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with 8:30 am – 9:30 am being reserved for senior citizens and persons with medical conditions.
For the general public, the hours will be 9:30 am – 4:30 pm.
These hours will remain in effect until further notice.
“We will continue to be available by telephone and email from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday”, the city said in a news release.
- For code enforcement, zoning/planning and economic development matters, please call 815-235-8202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For public works matters, please call 815-235-8210 or email email@example.com.
- For finance and human resource matters, please call 815-599-5816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Freeport Police Department remains on duty and vigilant. Those with nonemergency issues should call 815-235-8222.
- For the Mayor, City Manager and any other City matters, please 815-235-8208 or email email@example.com.
- For City Clerk, please call 815-235-8203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Library please call 815-233-3000 or email email@example.com.
- For Freeport Fire Department please call 815-235-8217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Water and Sewer billing questions please call 815-233-0111.
- Water and Sewer Payment Customers Are Asked to Use the Drop Boxes on Exchange Street Entrance and the SW Corner of Cherry and Stephenson if possible and to sign up for electronic payments if you do not want to visit in person.
Face masks will be required while in City Hall and 6-foot physical distancing is required. This is for the safety of our employees and visitors.