Freeport, Illinois — July 27, 2017 — In light of the recent and ongoing flooding within Freeport, the city has designated flood and storm debris drop off locations that are being made available to the public. The current Storm Debris Drop Off Locations are;
Freeport Transfer Station, 2133 S. Walnut Rd.,
Phone: 815-233-0742, open hours:
• Monday to Friday: 7:30 am to 2:00 pm
• First Saturday of month: 8:00 am to 11:00 am
• Free upon presentation of ID showing residence within City of Freeport limits.
There are also dumpsters located at:
• Old K-Mart Parking Lot, S. West Ave.
• Taylor Park School, 806 E. Stephenson St.
The city urges and stresses that NO hazardous material or electronics are to be put in dumpsters.