FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — The Freeport Community Foundation Board of Directors awarded grants totaling $86,258.93 to 13 area non-profit organizations that provide a variety of programs and services benefiting Northwestern Illinois. These fall grants were awarded from the Community Needs/Marvin Unrestricted Fund and the Craig Wilson Trust.
- $20,000.00 Jo Daviess Conservation Foundation Wapello Discovery Center
- $15,000.00 Timber Lake Playhouse Fall Educational Outreach
- $10,000.00 Northern Illinois Food Bank Feeding our Stephenson Neighbors
- $ 6,992.36 Boys & Girls Club of Freeport & St. Co. Gymnasium Curtain
- $ 6,579.00 German Valley Fire PD Ventilation Fan/Stair Chair
- $ 5,000.00 Farmworker & Landscaper Advocacy Social Services & Cash Transfers
- $ 5,000.00 Senior Resource Center Healthcare Access Transit Project
- $ 4,325.00 United Way of NW IL Remote Access Upgrade
- $ 3,894.57 The Workshop Community Meal Program
- $ 3,300.00 Winneshiek Playhouse Diversity Training for the Arts
- $ 3,000.00 Blackhawk Area Council of Boy Scouts Cub Scouts with Boys & Girls Club
- $ 1,668.00 RAMP Youth Education and Advocacy
- $ 1,500.00 Cedarville Area Historical Society Historical Society
This grant funding includes $7,500 from Compeer Financial and $5,000 from Citizen’s State Bank, both awarded to FCF earlier this year in support of the organization’s COVID-19 emergency response efforts.
In 2020, the Community Needs/Marvin Unrestricted Fund and the Youth Advisory Council (YAC) have funded 36 grants for a total of $238,326.86.
Freeport Community Foundation has a 45-year history as a community-based charitable organization guided by community leaders who are dedicated to providing financial solutions for current and future community needs. During this time, the FCF has awarded over $3.3 million in grant funding to non-profit organizations and projects throughout northwest Illinois. For additional information or to schedule a media opportunity, please contact the FCF at either (815) 801-3035 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.