FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — The 2020 Highland Community College Job Fair is from 1 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 9, located on the second floor of the Student/Conference Center (Building H) room H-201 at Highland Community College, 2998 W. Pearl City Rd., Freeport, Ill.
There is also a Pre-Fair Retreat held from 9 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, March 24, in H-210 with topics including how to write cover letters, resumes, and give a personal presentation.
Current students, graduates and area residents seeking employment are invited to attend. This free event is an excellent networking opportunity for job seekers, typically featuring employers in northern Illinois. Business casual attire is highly recommended at the Job Fair.
Breakout sessions to be held are:
Job Seeker Strategies: ask employers about best practices
• 2 to 2:50 p.m.; 3 to 3:50 p.m. and 5 to 5:50 p.m. on Thursday, April 9
Post-Fair retreat: social media ethics, interviewing skills and more
• 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, April 15
Current participating employers are:
- 160 Driving Academy
- Apple Canyon Lake Property Owners Association
- City of Freeport (Census)
- Colony Brands
- Columbia College
- Freeport Police Department
- Freeport School District
- Hughes Resources
- Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- Jo-Carroll Energy Inc.
- Liberty Village of Freeport
- Milestone Inc.
- Nationwide Inbound Inc.
- Star Freeport Company
- Stephenson Nursing Center
- Torkelson Cheese
- Tri Star Metals
- Walmart Distribution Center
Pretzel City Transit shuttles are available for area residents from the Freeport Public Library. Call 815-599-3597 for more information or visit highland.edu.