1. Approval of Agenda
2. Approval of Minutes from regular meeting on April 20, 2020
3. Public Comments – Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
4. Consent Agenda
All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as the first item after approval of the Consent Agenda. view consent agenda
A. Approve and place on file:
1. City Manager Recruitment Committee Minutes – April 6, 2020
2. Foreign Fire Insurance Board Minutes – February 13, 2020
3. Director of Public Works Dennis Carr Employment Extension
4. Interim Executive Director Tess Dahm Report, Greater Freeport Partnership – Monthly Report to Mayor Miller and Interim Manager Bukas dated April 26, 2020
5. Interim Executive Director Tess Dahm Report, Greater Freeport Partnership – Quarterly Report to Council dated – First Quarter 2020
6. Police Department Reports – January, February, and March 2020
7. Fire Department Report – March 2020
8. Bank Account Closures and Consolidations – Memo from Interim Director Richter
9. Permit Fee Waiver for FHN Crisis Stabilization Unit – Memo from Director Zupkoff
B. Approval of Finance Bills Payable (Register #321, #322, #326, #327, #328, #330 and unnumbered Register – invoices to be approved for registers dated April 16 through April 29, 2020) — $865,132.03.
C. Approval of Payroll for pay period ending April 25, 2020 — $411,905.20 with fringe benefit payments in the amount of $125,209.07 for a total of $567,114.27.
If applicable – Items removed from Consent Agenda
5. Presentation of Donation for “Operation Helping Heroes” from Country Financial to Police and Fire Departments Presented by Jeff Cutler
6. Proclamations Presented by Mayor Miller
Mental Health Awareness Month
National Day of Prayer
7. Appointment Presented by Mayor Miller
Acceptance of re-appointment of Benjamin Bushman to the Building Commission effective until April 30, 2024.
8. Recognition of Service Awards Presented by Fire Chief Liggett
Tom Winkowski, Fire, 25 years
ORDINANCES – SECOND READING
ORDINANCES – FIRST READING
12. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #R-2020-27: Resolution Appointing Andrew Zupkoff to the Board of Trustees of the Northern Land Bank Authority Presented by Interim Manager Bukas
13. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #R-2020-28: Resolution Approving Amended Intergovernmental Agreement for Next Generation 911 Services Presented by Chief Summers
18. Approval of Agreement: Fehr Graham Agreement to Prepare Local Limits Technical Evaluation Report for Wastewater Treatment Plant Presented by Interim Manager Bukas
19. City Manager’s Report
20. Mayor’s Report
21. Council Announcements/New Business
22. Public Comments – Agenda or Non-Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
23. Executive Session (Closed Session)
Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees, specific individuals who serve as independent contractors in a park, recreational, or educational setting, or specific volunteers of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee, a specific individual who serves as an independent contractor in a park, recreational, or educational setting, or a volunteer of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity. However, a meeting to consider an increase in compensation to a specific employee of a public body that is subject to the Local Government Wage Increase Transparency Act may not be closed and shall be open to the public and posted and held in accordance with this Act.
Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
The City of Freeport, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, requests that persons with disabilities who require certain accommodations to allow them to observe and/or participate in the meeting(s), or have questions about the accessibility of the meeting(s) or facilities, should contact Human Resources at 815-235-2065 promptly to allow the City to make reasonable accommodations.
Meetings are held at City Council Chambers – 314 West Stephenson Street. MONDAY, MAY 4, 2020, AT 6:00 P.M.