City Council City Council Chambers
314 West Stephenson Street
Freeport, IL 61032
AGENDA – REGULAR MEETING MONDAY, MAY 1, 2017 AT 6:00 P.M.
Call to Order Call the Roll Pledge of Allegiance led by Alderperson Busker
1. Approval of Agenda ……………………….. Voice Vote
2. Approval of Minutes from April 17, 2017 ………………. Voice Vote
3. Honorary Resolution to Recognize the Freeport NJROTC Rifle Team
4. Public Comments – Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
5. Consent Agenda ………………………………… Roll Call Vote
All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as the first item after approval of the Consent Agenda. Consent Agenda PDF
A. Approval to receive and place on file:
1) Letter from Illinois Environmental Protection Agency dated April 21, 2017, regarding Notice of Application for Permit to Manage Waste (LPC-PA16) at Freeport Municipal Landfill Nos. 2 and 3.
2) Letter from ComEd dated April 17, 2017, regarding their annual update to the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) including an “increase by about $1 on the average monthly residential bill starting in January 2018” with attachments regarding charge comparisons.
3) Building Permit Report of Activities for March 2017.
4) Fire Department Report on Activities for March 2017.
5) Notice from Water and Sewer Commission dated April 27, 2017, of Consumer Price Index (CPI) effective May 2, 2017.
B. Approval of Water & Sewer Bills Payable (Registers #757, 758, 759) — $728,080.68
C. Approval of Payroll for pay period ending April 15, 2017 — $418,488.03 with fringe benefit payments in the amount of $33,422.60 for a total of $451,910.63
D. Approval of Finance Bills Payable (Registers #753, 754, 760, 761, 762, and TBA) — $1,215,394.13 If applicable – Items removed from Consent Agenda
6. Financial Reports for FY 2016-2017 for period ended March 31, 2017, including:
- General Fund Highlights
- General Fund Details
- Water, Sewer, & Storm Sewer Highlights
- Water, Sewer, & Storm Sewer Details
- Library Highlights
- Library Details
ORDINANCES – FIRST READING
7. 1 st READING OF ORDINANCE #2017-36: An Ordinance Amending Chapter 236 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Freeport, Illinois Regarding Accounting and Finance and the Required Signatories on City Warrants Presented by Finance Director Bernadelle.
8. 1 st READING OF ORDINANCE #2017-37: An Ordinance to Approve the Editing and Inclusion of Certain Ordinances as Parts of the Various Component Codes of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Freeport, Illinois Presented by City Clerk Zuravel. RESOLUTIONS
9. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION R-2017-26: (see below after Executive Session)
10. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION R-2017-27: Resolution To Enter Into A Month-To-Month Lease For The Vacant Fire Station On South West Avenue With An Option To Purchase Presented by Fire Chief Miller.
11. Reports of Department Heads
Police Department – Public Safety Building
Approval of Bids for Janitorial Cleaning Services for 2017-2018 Recommendation of Chief of Police Todd Barkalow to accept bids from Bush Janitorial Services as the primary contractor.
12. Mayor’s Report
13. Council Announcements/New Business
14. Public Comments – Agenda or Non-Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Closed Session) pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2:
5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (21) Discussion of minutes lawfully closed under this act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes as mandated by Section 2.06.
5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (2) Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
16. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION R-2017-26: Resolution To Ratify Collective Bargaining Agreement With The International Association Of Firefighters (IAFF), Local No. 441 Presented by Mayor Gitz and Fire Chief Miller.
The City of Freeport, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, requests that persons with disabilities who require certain accommodations to allow them to observe and/or participate in the meeting(s), or have questions about the accessibility of the meeting(s) or facilities, should contact Human Resources at 815-235-2065 promptly to allow the City to make reasonable accommodations. http://www.cityoffreeport.org