Call to Order
Call the Roll
Pledge of Allegiance led by Alderperson Busker
1. Approval of Agenda Roll Call Vote
2. Approval of Minutes from regular meeting on April 4, 2020 Roll Call Vote
3. Public Comments – Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
4. Consent Agenda Roll Call Vote
All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as the first item after approval of the Consent Agenda. View consent agenda
A. Approve and place on file:
1. Building Permit Report – April 2020
2. City Manager Recruitment Committee Minutes – March 16, 2020
3. Permit Fee Waiver for FHN Operation Room Renovation at 1045 W. Stephenson St. – Memo from Director Zupkoff
4. Permit Fee Waiver for FHN Cancer Center Prep and Ante Room Renovation at 1163 W. Stephenson St. – Memo from Director Zupkoff
5. Financial Reports: General Fund, Library Fund, Water Fund, Sanitary Sewer Fund, Storm Sewer Fund – April 30, 2020
6. Cash and Investment Reports – April 30, 2020
B. Approval of Finance Bills Payable (Register #331, #335 and unnumbered Register – invoices to be approved for registers dated April 30 through May 13, 2020) — $993,871.09.
C. Approval of Payroll for pay period ending May 9, 2020 — $407,953.12 with fringe benefit payments in the amount of $123,679.83 for a total of $531,632.95. If applicable – Items removed from Consent Agenda
5. Proclamation Presented by Mayor Miller Class of 2020 Graduates
AGENDA – REGULAR MEETING MONDAY, MAY 18, 2020 at 6:00 P.M.
6. Appointments Presented by Mayor Miller
Acceptance of re-appointment of Rebecca Quiggle to the Library Board effective until May 31, 2023.
Acceptance of re-appointment of Mark Farshtchi to the Library Board effective until May 31, 2023.
Acceptance of re-appointment of Alan Greene to the Library Board effective until May 31, 2023.
ORDINANCES – SECOND READING 7.
8. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #R-2020-29: – Resolution of Support for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Grant for Downtown Revolving Loan Fund for Chicago Avenue Streetscape/Accessibility View Memo Sidewalk Overview Presented by Director Zupkoff OTHER
9. Reports of Department Heads
10. City Manager’s Report
11. Mayor’s Report
12. Council Announcements/New Business
13. Public Comments – Agenda or Non-Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
14. Executive Session (Closed Session) Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees, specific individuals who serve as independent contractors in a park, recreational, or educational setting, or specific volunteers of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee, a specific individual who serves as an independent contractor in a park, recreational, or educational setting, or a volunteer of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity. However, a meeting to consider an increase in compensation to a specific employee of a public body that is subject to the Local Government Wage Increase Transparency Act may not be closed and shall be open to the public and posted and held in accordance with this Act.
Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting. AGENDA – REGULAR MEETING MONDAY, MAY 18, 2020 at 6:00 P.M.
ACTION ITEMS OUT OF EXECUTIVE SESSION ……….. Request suspension of the rules
15. 1ST READING OF ORDINANCE 2020-29: Ordinance Appointing Randy Bukas as City Manager Presented by Mayor Miller
The City of Freeport will also hold a public hearing on May 18th at 5:45 PM, in the City Hall Chambers located at 314 W. Stephenson Street to provide interested parties an opportunity to express their views on the proposed federal funded Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) project. Persons with disabilities or non-English speaking persons who wish to attend the public hearing and need assistance should contact Andrew Zupkoff at 815-235-8221 no later than May 15th . Every effort will be made to make reasonable accommodations for these persons.