FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — The Freeport city council will meet tonight at 6:00 p.m. at Freeport City Hall located on 314 West Stephenson Street in Freeport.
1. Approval of Agenda
2. Approval of Minutes from Council Meeting on August 5, 2019
3. Public Comments – Agenda Items (limited to 3 minutes per person)
4. Consent Agenda
All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There
will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will
be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as the first item after approval of the Consent Agenda.
A. Approve and place on file:
1) Zoning Board of Appeals Minutes – July 11, 2019
2) Foreign Fire Insurance Board Minutes – June 13, 2019
3) Liquor Commission Semi-Annual Report to City Manager – January to June 2019
4) Cash and Investment Report – July 31, 2019
5) Financial Reports: General Fund, Library Fund, Water Fund, Sanitary Sewer Fund, Storm Sewer Fund – July 31, 2019
6) Fire Department Report – July 2019
7) 2020 Calendars
b. Council Meetings
c. Committee of the Whole
8) Resolution #R-2019-40: Resolution to Request Temporary Closure of Streets for Freeport High School Homecoming Parade – October 2, 2019
B. Approval of Finance Bills Payable (Register #206, #207, #208, #209, #213, #214, and #215 invoices to be approved for registers dated August 1, 2019 through August 14, 2019) — $1,141,255.43
C. Approval of Payroll for pay period ending Aug 3, 2019 — $449,278.48 with fringe benefit payments in the amount of $127.446.64 for a total of $576,725.12.
ORDINANCES – SECOND READING
5. 2nd READING OF ORDINANCE #2019-43: An Ordinance of the City of Freeport, Illinois, Approving and
Authorizing the City to Enter into an Addendum/Amendment to Master Tax-Exempt Lease/Purchase Agreement, Property Schedule No. 5 and Related Documents thereto with U.S. Bancorp Government Leasing and Finance, Inc. Regarding Hook Lift Trucks View Exhibit 1 Presented by City Manager Crow At the August 5, 2019 Council Meeting Alderperson Brashaw moved and Alderperson Ross seconded to move this Ordinance forward for approval at the next regular Council meeting. The matter was automatically laid over to tonight’s meeting.
6. 2nd READING OF ORDINANCE #2019-44: An Ordinance Authorizing the Sale of Certain Items of Personal Property Owned by the City of Freeport Presented by Director of Public Works Carr At the August 5, 2019 Council Meeting Alderperson Busker made a motion to move Ordinance #2019-44 forward for approval; seconded by Alderperson McClanathan; and the matter was automatically laid over to tonight’s meeting.
ORDINANCES – FIRST READING
7. 1st READING OF ORDINANCE #2019-46: An Ordinance Amending the Zoning Classification of Property Located at 1215 Armstrong Avenue, Freeport, Illinois from M-1 (General Manufacturing) to B-3 (Commercial and Wholesale Business) Presented by Director of Community & Economic Development Zupkoff
8. 1st READING OF ORDINANCE #2019-47: An Ordinance Amending Chapter 242 – Fire Department, Section 242.10(g) – Probationary Period and Section 242.11 – Promotions of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Freeport view memo Presented by Fire Chief Liggett
9. 1st READING OF ORDINANCE #2019-48: An Ordinance Amending the Codified Ordinances of the City of Freeport Regarding the Regulation of Alcoholic Liquor and Mechanical/Electronic Gaming Amends: Chapter 806 – Alcoholic Liquor Sales (Modifies Sections 806.04 And 806.21) Presented by Attorney Steve Cox
10. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #2019-41: Resolution of the City of Freeport, Illinois Authorizing and Approving an Agreement with Fehr Graham to Provide Civil and Environmental Engineering Services for the Remainder of 2019 and Through the End of 2020 Presented by Director of Public Works Carr
11. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #2019-42 Resolution of the City of Freeport, Illinois Authorizing and Approving an Agreement with Fehr Graham to Provide Civil Engineering Services Related to Sanitary Sewer Installation on Oakhill Drive, Hillcrest Drive, Lawn Place and Sylvan Court Presented by Director of Public Works Carr
12. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #2019-43: Resolution of the City of Freeport, Illinois Authorizing Execution
and Amendment of Downstate Operating Assistance Grant Agreement for FY2020 Presented by Director of Community & Economic Development Zupkoff
13. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #2019-44: Resolution of Support to Apply for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Grant for Residential Housing Rehabilitation View Memo Presented by Director of Community & Economic Development Zupkoff
14. ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION #2019-45: Resolution Committing Local Funds for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Housing Rehabilitation Application View Memo Presented by Director of Community & Economic Development Zupkoff