FREEPORT, Ill., –The Committee to Change City Government will host a Town Hall Meeting Tuesday, October 25 at 7:00 p.m. at the Freeport Public Library.
The agenda includes:
- Discussion about the managerial and other forms of government.
- Panelists representing area communities sharing how the managerial form of government works in their municipalities.
- Question and answer session.
The event will be moderated by Wally Haas, Editor of the Journal Standard. Participants will include:
- John Phillips, Senior Advisor, Illinois City/County Management Association
- Mike VanMilligan, City Manager, Dubuque, Iowa
- Scott Shumard, City Manager, Sterling, Illinois
- David Plyman, City Manager, Rochelle, Illinois
- Aaron Deslatte, Ph.D. Assistant Professor in the Department of Public Administration within the School of Public and Global Affairs at Northern Illinois University
A referendum on the ballot November 8 would change Freeport’s form of municipal government to the Managerial (Council-Manager) form of municipal government.
The Managerial form of government features the combination of an elected Council and Mayor to set our course through long-term planning; with a trained, professional City Manager to lead the day-to-day operations of the city.
Visit the Committee to Change City Government’s website at: www.voteyesforfreeport.org