Freeport, Illinois — The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 10 PM CST this evening. Snow, moderate at times, from this afternoon through early evening. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches are expected..
* Where… portions of north central Illinois, northwest Illinois and west central Illinois.
* When… 1 PM to 10 PM today.
* Additional details… plan on slippery Road conditions and reduced visibilities at times, impacting the after school drive and evening commute.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
For the latest Road conditions in your area, contact your local or state Department of Transportation.
The school says all Freeport School District schools will be releasing early today – Monday, February 5th.
The Freeport School District has announced that students will be released early today due to developing hazardous road conditions as predicted by the National Weather Service.
- The high school and middle schools will release at 12:30 PM.
- All elementary schools will release at 1:30 PM. AM preschool will release as regularly scheduled.
- There will be no PM preschool today.
- Immanuel Lutheran School also announced that it will be closing at 1:30. They said bus service and after school care will be available. Essentials Worship is also cancelled tonight.
- Aquin announced they too will be releasing early today due to incoming weather.
- The Aquin HS Campus will dismiss at 12:40. St. Joe’s Campus will dismiss at 12:50
Stephenson County Scanner reports the following additional school closings;
- Amboy Schools Early Dismissal 2 hours Monday: No Evening Activities
- Dixon Schools Early Dismissal at 1:00PM on Monday: No PM Pre-K
- Eastland Schools Early Dismissal at 12:40PM on Monday: No PM Pre-K, No evening events or practices.
- Forrestville Valley Schools Early Dismissal 2 hours Monday: No Evening Activities
- Lena-Winslow Schools Closing Early at 1:00PM on Monday
- Orangeville Schools Early Dismissal at 12:40PM on Monday: No PM Pre-K
- Pearl City Schools Closing Early at 1:00PM on Monday: No Evening Activities
- Pecatonica Schools Closing Early at 1:30PM on Monday: No Evening Activities
- Stockton Schools Early Dismissal at 1:00PM on Monday: No Evening Activities
Highland Community College is closing at 2 and all classes after 2 are canceled.
Fitness Lifestyles Closing at 4:30
* ALL CLASSES CANCELLED TONIGHT
* P.M. NURSERY WILL NOT BE OPENING
* TENNIS CANCELLED TONIGHT
* ADULT VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE CANCELLED TONIGHT
* NOVUS VOLLEYBALL CANCELLED TONIGHT
* STUDIO 121 DANCE CANCELLED TONIGHT
* WE WILL RE-OPEN TOMORROW @ 5 A.M.
Some FHN Locations Closing at 5 p.m. Due to Weather Conditions – Monday, Feb. 5, 2018
Please note: FHN Memorial Hospital in Freeport and FHN’s Freeport locations remain OPEN.
Due to today’s forecast, some of FHN’s rural locations will close at 5 p.m. today, including:
FHN Family Healthcare Center – Lena
FHN Family Healthcare Center – Savanna
FHN Family Healthcare Center – Pecatonica
Route No. 73 Brew & Chew will be closed today.
Grab a glass of bourbon and cuddle with someone….be safe errbody!
See you Tuesday!
Cancelling this week’s Monday Night Pizza Buffet due to the bad weather.
Carlson Canine Camp
Classes at Carlson Canine Camp will be cancelled this evening due to weather.
Snow event has been declared in the City of Freeport 3:00 p.m.
A snow event has been declared in the City of Freeport. This means that even/odd parking starts at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow morning. Therefore, tomorrow (February 6th) after 8:00 A.M. vehicles parked on the street should be parked on the even numbered side only. Thank you for your cooperation.
The full text of the Snow Event Ordinance is as follows:
486.03 PARKING PROHIBITED UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS.
(a) During winter months, when a snow event has been declared, no person shall obstruct the orderly removal of snow from the City’s streets by parking or otherwise leaving unattended any motor vehicle upon:
(1) Central Business district. Any street in the central business district between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.; and
(2) All other City streets. During winter months, when a snow event has been declared, no person shall leave parked or standing any motor vehicle on the “even-numbered” side of a street in the City on an “odd-numbered” day of the month. Nor shall any such vehicle be parked or standing on the “odd-numbered” side of a street in the City on an “even-numbered” day of the month. For the purpose of this chapter, “odd” and “even” numbered days shall be considered as beginning at the hour of 8:00 a.m. after such declaration is made.
(3) Excepting N. Van Buren from E. Clark 135 feet north (to the alley).
Nothing contained in this subsection shall be construed to permit parking on streets where parking is otherwise restricted or prohibited.
(b) The provisions of this section shall be in effect during winter months, when a snow event has been declared. Signs shall be posted on primary roads at or near their points of intersection with the corporate boundaries of the City stating: “Winter Parking Regulations December through March.”
(c) Streets that have designated parking on one side only for an entire city block, shall be exempt from this section.