Freeport, Illinois — A Flood Warning remains in effect until Thursday morning with a Hazardous Weather Outlook for Cedar-Clinton-Muscatine-Scott-Keokuk-Washington-Louisa-Jefferson- Henry IA-Des Moines-Van Buren-Lee-Jo Daviess-Stephenson-Carroll- Whiteside-Rock Island-Henry IL-Bureau-Putnam-Mercer-Henderson- Warren-Hancock-McDonough-Scotland-Clark counties, according to the National Weather Service Quad Cities out of the Quad Cities.
The Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of north central Illinois, northwest Illinois, west central Illinois, east central Iowa, northeast Iowa, southeast Iowa and northeast Missouri.
As of 5:20 p.m. according to the city of Freeport, Stephenson Street (Hwy 75) is now closed at Tutty’s crossing.
* At 6:30 PM Saturday the stage was 15.8 feet and rising.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast, Rise to 16.1 feet Sunday morning. Fall below flood stage Thursday morning.
* Impact, At 16.0 feet, Water affects parking lots of businesses east of the Stephenson Street bridge and most streets north and south of Illinois Highway 75 are closed. Illinois Highway 75 is also closed.
According to the Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office, the following additional roads are closed as well.
• Stubbe Rd South of Nora Rd
• E Stateline Rd off Winslow Rd
• Maize Rd between Farwell Bridge Rd and Norris Rd
• Van Buren Rd area North of Freeport.
• E Fawver Rd at N. Fawver Rd
• Bridge St at RT 73 (AKA Winslow Rd) in the Village of Winslow
• River Rd between Shockey Rd and Rock City Rd
• River Rd West of Farwell Bridge Rd
• Old Mill Rd between Wachlin Rd and St James Rd
• Wachlin Rd between St James Rd and Old Mill Rd
• AYP Rd between Cedarville Rd and Wagner Rd
• Damascus Rd between Cedarville Rd and Phillips Dr
• Main St in McConnell (McConnell Rd)
• Winneshiek Rd between Harlem Center Rd and Iris Hill Rd
• Iris Hill between Scioto Mills and Winneshiek Rd
• Cedarville Rd between Flansburg Rd and Scioto Mills Rd
• Rink Rd between Range Rd and Flansburg Rd
• Scioto Mills Rd between Cedarville Rd and Beaver Rd
• Beaver Rd between Scioto Mills Rd and Damascus Rd
According to the National Weather Service isolated thunderstorms are possible through this evening, mainly along and east of the Mississippi River. Severe storms are not expected, although the strongest storms could produce some small hail. The rain may switch over to wet snow after mid evening with at least light accumulations possible from Vinton to Manchester, and point northwest.
Winds behind a passing cold front will become brisk after midnight, gusting between 30 to 40 MPH. Area rivers are experiencing flooding.
We stopped by Tutty’s Crossing today to grab some shots of what the area looked like. The images below were taken around 3:30 p.m..