Freeport, Illinois — A Flood Warning continues for the Pecatonica River at Freeport until Saturday morning with a Hazardous Weather Outlook for Buchanan-Delaware-Dubuque-Benton-Linn-Jones-Jackson-Iowa-Johnson- Cedar-Clinton-Muscatine-Scott-Keokuk-Washington-Louisa-Jefferson- Henry IA-Des Moines-Van Buren-Lee-Jo Daviess-Stephenson-Carroll- Whiteside-Rock Island-Henry IL-Bureau-Putnam-Mercer-Henderson- Warren-Hancock-McDonough-Scotland-Clark counties, according to the National Weather Service Quad Cities out of the Quad Cities.
The Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of north central Illinois, northwest Illinois, west central Illinois, east central Iowa, northeast Iowa, southeast Iowa and northeast Missouri.
* At 3:30 AM Tuesday the stage was 15.5 feet and falling.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring.
* Forecast: Fall below flood stage Saturday morning.
* Impact: At 15.5 feet, Numerous streets are closed north and south of Illinois Highway 75 and water enters the first floor level of a few homes. Water also begins to enter Taylor Park. Businesses along Van Buren Street north of the Pecatonica River are directly affected by water.
Freeport Fire Department shared these photos yesterday of what the flooding still looks like in Freeport.
Drone photos of current water levels from the Freeport Fire Department on Monday, February 26th.