9 thoughts on “The Haunted Willow Creek Farm of Shannon, Illinois

• October 31, 2016 at 6:53 pm

We lived in Shannon Illinois from 1968 to 1971. We rented out a farmhouse that looked like this one. My brother Michael Warta was killed by a train about a half mile from the house on December 27, 1971. He was 14 years old My brother Frank was driving home from church that Sunday morning. In the front seat with Frank was me. Michael was sitting in the back seat. Michael was killed instantly. My brother Frank had permanent brain injuries. He passed away in 1987. I am the only one left. My name is MaryAnn Warta Schrage. I am living in Nebraska I am 61 years old I have pictures of my brother Mike.

• October 15, 2017 at 11:37 am

In a bedroom upstairs is there a part of the ceiling that comes down like it’s covering brick from an old chimney and do you ever recall wall paper …floral wall paper it’s yellowed near a window looking out towards a field

• November 4, 2017 at 12:10 am

Mary, I remember that Sunday… I graduated in ’72 it seems to me that, perhaps, one of your brother’s was in my class. So happy to hear you are getting along ok. I REMEMBER …

• March 3, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Mary I remember you from school. I also remember that accident. I graduated in 1971.

• March 3, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Place is not haunted. My family owned this farm for years and I spent most of my childhood there. The owner is a quack at best.

• September 25, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Jordan,

If I’m a “quack at best” then a whole bunch of quacks from around the country have visited the farm over the past ten years and left being unable to explain things that happened to them. Maybe your family was just oblivious.

• March 5, 2019 at 7:12 am

I remember well when that happened…we were classmates 😢…it was devastating

• March 5, 2019 at 10:42 pm

I too remember that Sunday Mary. We rode school bus together. If i remember right your fingurs were smashed in the door of the truck.

• July 4, 2019 at 7:08 pm

I remember how fantastic the other entire town of Shannon came together for my family in our grief. I thank you all for the memories we carry after all these years. May God bless the entire town of Shannon Illinois. I miss the people I knew then.