Freeport – As people around town young and old are anxiously awaiting the evening’s festivities and celebrations with friends and family to bring in another new year, this is also the time of year where so many of us reflect. New Year is a time we look forward to a new beginning, another chance to capture life’s opportunities, grow personally and it is also a time we look back on the year we’ve had.
Since March of this year I’ve had a tremendous amount of fun bringing you such a wide variety of the people and places from within Freeport. I have to tell you it has been truly humbling and very gratifying to me to spend time with all of you. I have seen every like, every comment, every share of something brought to you and hopefully I have lived up to some small part of a town, this place and our people that you love and enjoy as much as I do.
Over the past nine months of 2015, you’ve had a look at what a daily news show could look like in Freeport. You’ve seen touching documentaries such as when Mama Cimino had cancer, when Teagen, the little boy from Center School got a new wheelchair, you’ve watched documentaries featuring one of the most popular bands of the 80‘s in Freeport, plus have seen our elderly such as Cetta Genusa turn 100. Over out time together you’ve watched me stand on cars, hang out at the new marijuana plant, all the way to goofing off with the students at Freeport High School in the cafeteria for Spirit Week.
To celebrate the end of the 2015 year, here’s a preview of some of the top (and most fun) stories from our little Midwest town of Freeport, Illinois. Thanks for watching, and just know this is only the beginning of what’s to come.
News Broadcasts, Shows & Feature Broadcasts
- The Very First Broadcast, March 5, 2015 – Today In The Port – March 5, 2015
- Freeport’s Growing Marijuana!. Today In The Port – March 17, 2015
- Nicolas Cimino Might Be In Big Trouble For This One. Fun way to approach specials! Dine In Offer from Cimino’s
- Animal Hoarding. We hung out at Barkau as they gave to the cause.
- The Gerald McClellan Story, a Freeport Hero. An Evening To Remember – March 28, 2015
- Cruise Night 2015 in Freeport, Illinois. – Exclusive Raw Footage And Interviews From
- Meet Joe and Virginia. Joe is 99 years old and Virginia is 93. On September 8th, 2015 they will celebrate their 72nd wedding anniversary.
- Meet Teacher Night – Freeport High School meet the teacher night was happening and we were there.
- EXCLUSIVE: Mama Cimino Opens Up With Today In The Port In An Emotional Interview About Life, Family, Single Parenting and Her Recent Battle With Cancer.
- Massive Water Main Breaks Downtown Freeport After Truck Hits Hydrant Just Hours Before Freeport Cruise Night 2015. No water, no electricity, buckled and cracked city streets. Cruise Night is Still On.
- Hanging Out on Easter With Craig Deininger Floral Today In The Port April 1, 2015 – Please Share
- An Important Message For Everyone – Today In The Port April 19, 2015
- LIVE Coverage of Day One of the 2015 Stephenson County Fair
- Tegan, the tiny 3rd Grader at Center Elementary School with a Big Heart for Giving
- Scenes from today’s rising rivers, over-flowing banks, huge down trees and down power lines.
- I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream. Who Likes The Ice Cream Man?
- Music On Chicago – RIGHT NOW In The Port with Mr. Big Stuff Band
- Take A Book, Return A Book. The Little Free Library
- Interview With Cetta Gennusa On Her 100th Birthday (clip) – Share This.
- Freeport High School 2015 Graduation – Today In The Port for May 18, 2015
- Doctor Who And His Companions Land Time Machine in Freeport, Illinois. We investigate and get first hand interviews with the crew. Is Greg an Alien?
- Freeport Man Blows School Bus Stop Arm And Gets Pulled Over. All Caught On Camera.
- Brittany & Lorena from Strands, Refat from KillBourn,
- The Entire 2015 Freeport Homecoming Parade
- Life After MetLife. A call out to all former MetLife employees
- Today In The Port – March 23, 2015 – Winter Storm Watch
- Exclusive Transit Documentary – The Story of one of the Hottest local bands from the 80’s
- Even if you don’t like apples, you’ll love this apple – Freeport’s Famous Holiday Apple
- Today In The Port – March 10, 2015. The Gerald McClellan Story, a Freeport Hero. An Evening To Remember – March 28, 2015
- Someone Knocked Over Harry Carry – Today In The Port For May 12, 2015
News, Stories and Articles We’ve Brought You
- Historic Landmark Robbed. (We think you should know)
- The Touching Story of One Local Family. Share This!
- Our Own George Buss To Deliver the Gettysburg Address at Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania.
Little Cubs Field Gets Funds To Add 100 New Seats and Five Rows of Bleachers
- Josh Elliott Named Freeport Downtown Development Foundation New Board President.
- Dakota High School Marching Band Wins Best Sr. High Band
- Local Dairy Queen Owner Gives Back. Share This. Tag Friends
- Chicago Cubs “Curse of The Goat” Broken in Freeport Illinois. Cub Fans, You Must Read This
- Carroll County Sheriff’s Department Say’s Shooting Occurred at 2:16 This Morning. Shooting of Suzanne Hake
- Southern Wisconsin Teen Music Sensation “Precocious” To Perform At Cannova’s
- Secretary of State’s Office Announces No More License Plate Sticker Renewal Notices
- Illinois State Report Card on Area Schools Released – View Our Report Card
- USDA Awards $100,000 To Pretzel City Kitchens Project In Freeport Illinois
- Kerrin Burns Recognized For Her 25 Years Of Dedicated Service With The Freeport Police Department
- Tri-County Christian School And The Community Mourn The Loss of Pastor Steve Barr
- Law Enforcement Agencies In Illinois Putting Phrase “In God We Trust” On Their Vehicles. Would You Support Freeport Police Doing This?