Freeport, Ill. – The Freeport Downtown Development Foundation (FDDF) has released the names of the winners of the 2nd annual Downtown Freeport People’s Choice Awards that took place this past Saturday in Freeport, Illinois. The winners announced are:
- Favorite Event – Music on Chicago
- Favorite Restaurant – Union Dairy
- Favorite Specialty Store – Deininger Floral
- Favorite New Business – 312 Beef and Sausage
- Most Impactful Reinvestment – Wagner House’s 1st floor wine bar
- Most Impactful Community Project – 100 Women Who Care Stephenson County
- Favorite Service Provider – Dreibelbis & Fairweather Studio
- Most Impactful Business Owner – Michael Marten
- Best Storefront – Frank Jewelers
- Golden Broom Award – 9 East Coffee
- Steve Turner Community Impact Award – Michael Marten of Mort’s Bar and Grill
- Rising Star Award – Sarah Thompson of Hilldale Deli
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Connie Sorn of the Freeport/Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Jack Myers Volunteer of the Year – Jami Spelman of the Lindo Theatre
“We received nearly 1,000 votes over the course of a month. Our community loves downtown Freeport and it’s apparent in the number of people who voted” said Danielle Rogers, executive director of FDDF.
The awards were given out at the inaugural FDDF charity dinner, ‘Rock’n Raise Rockabilly Boogie’ at Grand River Hall on November 4th. Also recognized were 14 runner ups.
Freeport’s downtown is the core of the economic health of the city. With over 230 businesses, and growing, it is FDDF’s goal that the downtown district be a prime place to live, work, shop, and enjoy. Interested volunteers can contact the office at 815-232-9000.