FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — In accordance with an Illinois Department of Public Health recommendation, FHN Memorial Hospital in Freeport has put into action the following visitor restrictions for the health and safety of our patients and staff:
- No visitors under the age of 18 (including the OB unit, to protect our youngest patients)
- Only two (2) visitors per patient at one time.
- Visitors with fever, cough, or sore throat should NOT visit. If they MUST, masks are required (and will be provided).
- Patients hospitalized for flu may have visitors ONLY when necessary for emotional well-being or care.
- Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette (cover coughs, tissue disposal immediately after use, hand sanitizer) MUST be followed at all times
These restrictions apply to ALL hospital patients, including OB and Pediatrics – please check with the nurse on duty if you have any questions.
All medical services remain available to patients of all ages throughout FHN. Those who feel they or a family member may have the flu and could be contagious can take advantage of telemedicine services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through FHNow. Visit www.fhn.org/fhnow for details.
FHN, a not-for-profit organization with nearly 1,400 employees, is an award-winning regional healthcare system committed to the health and well-being of the people of northwest Illinois and southern Wisconsin. FHN Memorial Hospital has been recognized as one of the state’s top hospitals for safety by the Leapfrog group and Healthgrades as well as by the world’s largest, completely independent, non-profit product- and service-testing organization. FHN caregivers serve an average of 1,500 people each day across FHN’s 19 locations in 5 counties spanning northwest Illinois. Organized in 1995 as an integrated healthcare delivery system, FHN is comprised of FHN Memorial Hospital, the Leonard C. Ferguson Cancer Center at FHN Memorial Hospital, 13 family healthcare centers offering primary and specialty medical care, hospice, and outpatient mental health services. For more information about FHN, please visit www.fhn.org.