STEPHENSON COUNTY, ILLINOIS — The Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office and the city of Freeport have released road closures. The following is a list of closures that have been reported both local. The Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office and the Freeport Police reminds everyone not to drive around road closed barricades. This list may change anytime as roads are closed and opened.
Sand and sandbags have been placed at the Krape Park maintenance building, St. Paul’s Missionary Baptist Church at 607 East Stephenson St, and at the old fire station at 1819 South West Ave / IL 26 in Freeport.
The Red Cross is at Highland Community College with its shelter operations Saturday, March 16th.
March 16 – The city of Freeport said crews from Freeport Fire, Freeport Police, Freeport Public Works as well as the Housing Authority worked last night and evacuated 34 families.
- Freeport Police To Place Officers At Flooded Road Closure Barricades
- LIVE Drone Footage Of The Flooding In Freeport
- Photos and more LIVE Drone Coverage of the Flooding In Freeport On This Sunday March 17
UPDATED March 17, 12:14 p.m.
•Stephenson at Taylor Park is closed.
•Sherman, Sheridan, Hancock , Johanna, and Wilbur are closed.
•Garbage service east of the Pecatonica on Monday has been suspended
In Stephenson County:
• Brush Creek between RT 26 and Bellview Rd
• Cockrell Rd South of Cedarville Rd
• Maize Rd East of Farwell Bridge Rd
• Beaver Rd between Scheider Rd and Red Oak Rd
• Richland Rd between Red Oak Rd and Scheider Rd
• Irish Grove Rd between Brick School Rd and Winneshiek Rd
• Goeke Rd between Cedarville Rd and Brick School Rd
• Maize Rd between Kinney Rd and Goeke Rd
• Brick School Rd between Bouray Rd and Farwell Bridge Rd
• Kinney Rd between Brick School Rd and Winneshiek Rd
• Van Buren Rd off of RT 26
• Lancaster Rd
• Winneshiek Rd between Cockrell Rd and Harlem Center Rd
• Cockrell Rd from Cedarville Rd to Scioto Mills Rd
• Iris Hill Rd from Winneshiek Rd to Cedarville Rd
• North Fawver Rd at East Fawver Rd
• Baker Rd at Kerlin Rd
• River Rd from Farwell Bridge Rd to Kinney Rd
• River Rd from Rock City to Shockey Rd
• RT 75 coming into Freeport onto Stephenson St
• Bridge St (Winslow Rd) and RT 73 in downtown Winslow have water over both roadways and is closed
• Cherry Hill Rd West of the Village of Ridott
• Old Mill Rd from McConnell to St James Rd
• Stateline Rd East of N/E Winslow Rd
• Stubbe Rd East of RT 73 to mile South of Nora Rd
• McConnell Rd from Flansburg Rd to Orangeville Rd
• Cedarville Rd from Scioto Mills Rd to Flansburg Rd
• Business RT 20 from Lily Creek Rd and Harlem Center Rd
• Damascus Rd South of Beaver Rd
• Bolen Rd between RT 20 and Ridott Rd
• Becker School Rd between Bolton Rd and Hamm Rd
• Bower Rd between Sabin Church Rd and Loran Rd
• Mill Grove Rd Sabin Church Rd and Loran Rd
• Loran Rd between Mill Grove Rd and RT 73
• Schuman Rd between Loran Rd and Block Rd
[custom-facebook-feed id=321509437982668 layout=half headertext=’Stephenson County Sheriffs Office’]
[custom-facebook-feed id=427025964363791 layout=half headertext=’City of Freeport’]
[custom-facebook-feed id=281740118650040 layout=half headertext=’Freeport Police’]