Neighbor Alerts Freeport Fire After Seeing Flames In Home on Wyandotte

FREEPORT, ILLINOIS — The Freeport Fire Department responded to reports of a fire on Wyandotte over the weekend.

On Sunday a neighbor across the street of 534 ½E. Wyandotte reported seeing flames coming from the upstairs portion of the residence. Upon arrival Freeport Fire units found that a fire had occurred in the upstairs apartment kitchen. District Chief Brett Hartwig said most of the fire was extinguished after the resident removed a pan from the stove and placed it in the bathtub. He said final extinguishment was accomplished with a fire extinguisher by firefighters.

Damage is estimated at $5,000. No civilians or firefighters were injured and the residents were able to remain in the house. Smoke detectors were present and alerted the residents of a fire, two additional detectors were installed prior to leaving the scene.

++

Freeport News Network

Broadcast news, stories and entertainment for Stephenson County

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *