Freeport, Illinois — The Freeport Community Foundation Board of Directors awarded 15 grants totaling $84,818.33 to 13 area non-profit organizations that provide a variety of programs and services benefiting Northwestern Illinois. These grants were presented at a Grant Reception on May 8, 2018. Grants were awarded from the Community Needs Fund, the Matthew A. Marvin Fund and the Craig Wilson Trust.
- Captain Lincoln Sculpture Project Lincoln Sculpture $ 6,854.00
- Children’s Hands On Museum Reality of a Dream $ 2,575.00
- CONTACT of No. Ill. Mental Health First Aid $10,000.00
- FHN Family Counseling Center Parent Enrichment Program $ 5,037.00
- Freeport Art Museum Paint the Port $ 3,737.00
- Freeport Art Museum Summer Artivation $ 9,485.00
- Freeport High School Middle School INCubatoredu $10,000.00
- Girl Scouts of NI Girl Scout Experience $ 2,825.00
- Hoo Haven Wildlife Environmental Outreach $ 4,400.00
- Malcolm Eaton Enterprises Sit to Stand Lift $ 3,899.00
- NICAA/Head Start Purposeful Playground $ 9,358.83
- Senior Resource Center My Senior Center $12,140.00
- Senior Resource Center Living History Programs $ 1,175.00
- Stephenson County Historical Society Bass Manuscript Preservation $ 1,982.50
- Warren Township Public Library Ancestry for All $ 1,350.00
The Freeport Community Foundation has a 43-year history as a community-based charitable organization guided by community leaders that are dedicated to providing financial solutions for current and future community needs.
501(c) (3) not-for-profit organizations from Freeport and the surrounding communities are eligible to receive funding. Freeport Community Foundation grant cycles are awarded two times annually. The next cycle of grant proposals will be due August 31, 2018; awards will be announced by November 1, 2018.
For information or to apply for a Freeport Community Foundation (FCF) grant, visit the web-site: www.freeportcommunityfoundation.org , or call 815.801.3035. The foundation is located at 524 West Stephenson Street, Suite 102, Freeport, IL.